I’m Amarok, your exploration ship
I’ve been sailing the seas of the world for 20 years: discover who I am and the little secrets of the life aboard me!
Who am I?
I am a 16-metres aluminum schooner. Launched in 1999 by naval architect Michel Joubert, the designer and first owner, who made the passage from Northwest Greenland to Alaska in 2012 with the polar explorer Janusz Kurbiel.
My little secrets
- length 16m, width 4.10m, draught 1.70m
- Material: Reinforced aluminium (Strongall process)
- Living capacity on board for 10 people, which we limit to 6 passengers and 2 crew
- A large open cockpit for manoeuvring, observing and fishing
- A wheelhouse totally protected from the elements
- Large raised saloon for a panoramic view, comfortably receiving 8 people at the table and a living
- room with 2 generous bench seats
- Sleeping capacity: 8 single berths are available + 2 double cabins, all in 3 cabins and one corridor
- Hot shower, and seperate WC
- Water supply: 1500 litres
- « Refleks » gas boiler with a central heater + engine driven air
- Current 220, 110 and 12 volts on board\
- Annex for 8 people with 15 hp engine
- Fishing equipment used in navigation or anchorage\
- A varied library available
And this is our Adventures